Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Bachelor’s degree in fire science, public administration or related field,
- Graduate of the National Fire Academy’s Executive Fire Officer Program.
- Eight years of fire service experience, with at least three years at the senior management level.
Licenses, Certificates, and Other Requirements:
Valid driver’s license
The salary range for the Fire Chief is $125,362 – $162,975; placement within the range will be determined by the successful candidate’s qualifications.
In addition to this competitive annual salary the City offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
• Medical, dental and vision insurance benefits.
• Long term disability insurance.
• Paid time off and sick leave.
• Employer paid Oregon PERS/OPSRP contributions.
• Employer contribution to an HRA-VEBA account
• Voluntary 457(b) Deferred Compensation program,.
• Assigned take home vehicle.
Recruitment closed September 12, 2018