Education & Experience:
- Graduation from a college or university with a bachelor’s degree in ﬁre science, public administration or a closely related ﬁeld; and
- Requires ten (10) years of experience in ﬁre and emergency medical service work, ﬁve (5) years of which must have been in a senior management role such as Fire Chief, Deputy Chief or Operations Chief. Completion of the National Fire Academy Executive Fire Oﬃcer program preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Special Requirements / Licenses and Certiﬁcates:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to pass the department’s security clearance standards including review of criminal history and driving record.
- Accredited as DPSST Fireﬁghter I or NFPA Fireﬁghter I required and NFPA FIRE APPARATUS DRIVER/OPERATOR required (DPSST/NFPA FF 2 preferred)
- Current certiﬁcation as an EMT-Basic or higher
- Accredited as NFPA Instructor I
- Fire Oﬃcer 1 Certiﬁcation
The monthly salary range for this position is $7,439 – $9,936, depending on qualiﬁcations.
The City oﬀers an outstanding beneﬁts package that includes:
- Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance
- PERS / OPSRP
- Deferred compensation
- 2 weeks vacation to start
- 14 Holidays
- Sick leave
- Up to one additional week of PTO per year