The minimum requirements for the position of Fire Chief are:
- Bachelor’s in Fire Administration, Fire Science, or other related field that can be demonstrated to befit the administration of a professional fire department.
- At least fifteen years of progressive experience in the practice of firefighting and prevention.
- At least five years of experience in a Chief level officer position.
- Current International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) Firefighter II Certification.
- Current IFSAC Fire Officer II Certification.
- Valid Minnesota issued driver’s license that is unrestricted except for corrective lenses, or ability to obtain.
- In accordance with Minnesota Statute 299N.05, must possess a valid Minnesota Firefighters License, or ability to obtain.
The City of St. Cloud is proud to offer an exceptional benefits package. The salary range for this position is $114,000 – $141,000 annually, depending on experience and qualifications. In January of 2022, there will be a 3% increase to the annual salary. As a public employee, you will be a part of the Public Employees Retirement Association of Minnesota (PERA) pension plan. The state of Minnesota sets the contribution rates for the employee and the employer at 11.80% for Police & Fire Employees and 17.70% for Employers. Contributions are 50% vested after 10 years and 5% each year thereafter for 100% vestment after 20 years.
Additionally, the City of St. Cloud offers a full range of leave and insurance benefits including vacation, sick, holiday, and personal time off. Health and Dental insurance start day one of employment, and you may choose between two health insurance plans. The City also offers an array of voluntary benefits including life insurance, short and long term disability, cancer insurance, an FSA reimbursement account, and more. You will also have access to an Employee Assistance Program, Longevity Pay, and a Wellness Program.